Saturday, December 18, 2010

sleep-deprived

I just got back to my flat after staying up all night with my friends Lindsey and Sam, who had to get their taxi to the airport at 6 am. I hadn't really planned on it (you all probably know how much I like my sleep), but after drinks at Koko, I went with them back to their flat when we decided we didn't feel like going to a club or anything, and all the pubs close at 1. I am really glad I got to spend an extra few hours with them, even if the whole time we were all on the verge of tears and repeatedly saying, "This is surreal," "Going home will be so weird," "I wish I could stay in Edinburgh forever," "I know I'll be back!"

It is exhausting to wait for something like going home. I'm not going to think about the fact that in a week, it's my turn. I have a lot to pack into the next three days in Edinburgh: Holyrood Palace, Craigmillar Castle, Rosslyn Chapel, St. Giles, Portobello Beach, and walking a bit on the Water of Leith trail. I know I'll miss some of them, but my highest priorities are Holyrood and Roslin. So, I'll probably get a daypass bus thing on Sunday and do a few. I can't believe how this semester has just slipped through my fingers, leaving me with no time to say "I'll get around to (insert thing here)."

Though I have accomplished few of the things on my agenda, I'm entirely pleased with my semester. I think I'll elaborate on this thought while I am not exhausted, so I'm going to sleep. Be on the lookout for posts concerning my birthday, finals, and the trip to London and Paris!!

No comments:

Post a Comment