Monday, November 29, 2010

snoooooooooooooow

Hey, wait a second... I thought it wasn't supposed to snow in Scotland! Apparently, this is the first time in 17 years that there has been snow in December... So, while Minneapolis experienced its first snowfall-free March on records, Edinburgh gets a massive snowfall. The prediction is snow every day for the next week. WOOOO! I hope everything gets cleared out by the time Chelsea and I are meant to fly to London, which is not 2 weeks away, but the way that these people have been dealing with snow, I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't!

After a morning of steel-grey skies, the sun is beginning to peek out, and the sky has become powder blue. It may just be the fact that I've spent the better part of the last three days reading Märchen (international folktales), but I feel like we've been dropped into fairy-world. The library looks out over the Meadows, and all of the trees are covered in snow and birds and squirrels are running around inside. The way the light is coming through the trees is just lovely. I'm sure all of this sentimental blithering is brought on by the fact that I'm in an essay crunch (okay, I have to write a conclusion, but I have 4 hours til I need to turn it in, so not that bad... but begs the question, "why are you blogging when you need to finish an essay?"), and I just want to go play in the snow.

My archaeology lecturer didn't show this morning, so we all decided to leave after waiting around for 10 minutes. Good times. I think as soon as I finish this essay, I'm going to take a break before I start on the archaeology papers. Ahhhh procrastination, why do I constantly fall prey to your wiles?

No comments:

Post a Comment